Frequently Asked Questions
What is Triple Bypass Surgery?
The creation of a new route for the blood supply to the heart with blood vessel grafts or stents is Bypass Surgery and also called Coronary artery bypass graft or CABG. Bypass Surgeries are performed to treat the blocked blood vessels of the heart which occurs during the condition of the heart called atherosclerosis or coronary artery disease.
Depending on the number of arteries blocked, bypass surgeries are classified as:
- Single Bypass Surgery (single artery is blocked)
- Double Bypass Surgery (two arteries are blocked)
- Triple Bypass Surgery (three arteries are blocked)
- Quadruple Bypass Surgery (four arteries are blocked)
What are the advantages of Triple Bypass Surgery?
Few of the advantages of Triple Bypass Surgery are:
- Treatment of symptoms of angina
- Decreased chances of cardiac failure
- Improved blood supply to the heart
What are the indications of Triple Bypass Surgery?
Triple Bypass Surgery is indicated in the following conditions:
- Blockage of more than 2 cardiac arteries
- Stable angina
- Individuals with a previous history of coronary angioplasty
Who are the best surgeons to perform Triple Bypass Surgery?
A certified and trained Cardiac Surgeon who is well experienced in performing Triple Bypass Surgery can perform this surgery.
What is the cost of Triple Bypass Surgery?
Minimum cost for Triple Bypass Surgery in Hyderabad starts from Rs.1,00,000
Average expenses for Triple Bypass Surgery in Hyderabad is approximately Rs.2,50,000
Maximum amount to be paid for Triple Bypass Surgery in Hyderabad rises up to Rs.3,70,000
Cost of Triple Bypass Surgery depends on factors such as:
- Admission charges
- Consultation fee
- Patient age
- Type of hospital
- Patient consultation
- Surgery costs
- Patient followups
Is Triple Bypass Surgery a major surgery or minor surgery?
Triple Bypass Surgery is a major surgery as it involves incisions in the chest and placing the heart bypass grafts and the number of cardiac arteries involved.
What are the risks and complications associated with Triple Bypass Surgery?
Few of the risks and complications associated with Triple Bypass Surgery are:
- Heart attack
- Cardiac arrhythmia's
- Kidney and liver failure
- Loss of memory or mental clarity
How long does it take to complete Triple Bypass Surgery?
Triple Bypass Surgery may take around 2-5 hours to complete
What is the recovery time for Triple Bypass Surgery?
Individuals who undergo Triple Bypass Surgery may take 3-5 months for a full recovery.
What is the success rate of Triple Bypass Surgery?
The success rate of Triple Bypass Surgery depends on the following factors:
- Patient age and medical condition
- Experience of the surgeon
However, the success rate of Bypass Surgery maybe 90%
Is Triple Bypass Surgery Permanent?
Triple Bypass Surgery is a permanent surgery as it involves the incision in the chest, placing of bypass grafts for the blocked cardiac arteries.
What are the long-term results of Triple Bypass Surgery?
Few of the long term results of Triple Bypass Surgery are:
- Improved blood circulation to the heart
- Increased overall life expectancy of the Individual
- Decreased chances of the occurrence of a heart attack
- Improved overall quality of life of the patient
Can Triple Bypass Surgery be detected in the future?
Triple Bypass Surgery can be detected in the future by the presence of surgical scars on the chest of the individual.