Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the symptoms associated with pancreatic cancer?
Pancreatic cancer symptoms often occur after its growth and spreading. Symptoms include jaundice, abdominal pain, back pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, malaise, elevated blood sugar level and facial flushing.
2. Is pancreatic cancer life threatening?
Yes, it is life threatening as it is the most aggressive tumour which starts forming metastasis early.
3. Does the treatment of pancreatic cancer involve surgical procedure?
Yes, surgical procedure involves potentially curative surgery, palliative surgery, staging laparoscopy, whipple procedure (pancreaticoduodenectomy, distal pancreatectomy, total pancreatectomy, stent placement and bypass surgery.
4. Is it possible to prevent pancreatic cancer?
Foods that are high in antioxidants, such as fruits and vegetables, may have a preventive effect against pancreatic cancer.
5. Is it possible to cure pancreatic cancer?
With proper diet and treatment, it is possible to get rid of pancreatic cancer, if diagnosed early. Two types of surgery, whipple procedure or a pancreatectomy, can remove a portion or all of the pancreas.