Frequently Asked Questions
What is Oral Cancer Treatment?
Oral Cancer included cancer in the mouth or throat which may spread from head or neck cancer. To stop the metastatizing of the cancer cells in the oral cavity, Oral Cancer Treatment should be initiated such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgical approaches, etc.,
Oral Cancer can affect the following parts:
- Oral floor
- The hard and the soft palate of the mouth
What are the advantages of Oral Cancer Treatment?
The advantages of cancer treatment are as follows:
- Decreases the growth of cancer cells
- Cure or treat the cancer
- Reduce or stop the spread of cancer to surrounding healthy cells
- Prevents the chances of reoccurrence for cancer
- Improves patient's quality of life
- Improves life expectancy of the individual
What are the indications of Oral Cancer Treatment?
Few indications of Oral Cancer treatment are:
- Unhealed sore on lips, mouth, and throat
- Bleeding from the mouth
- Loose Teeth
- Pain or difficulty in swallowing
- Lump on the neck
- Earache that won't stop
- Numbness in lips, neck, face, chin, etc
- White or red or both patches in the mouth
- Tongue pain
Who are the best surgeons/doctors to perform Oral Cancer Treatment?
A certified and trained ENT Surgeon, Oncologist or a Radiation Oncologist who is well experienced in Oral Cancer treatment can perform this surgery/procedure.
What is the cost of Oral Cancer Treatment?
The minimum cost for Oral Cancer treatment in Hyderabad starts from Rs.1,00,000
Average expenses for Oral Cancer treatment in Hyderabad are Rs.5,00,000
The maximum amount for Oral Cancer treatment to be paid in Hyderabad rises up to Rs.25,00,000
Cost of Oral Cancer treatment depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Oncologist fee
- Age of the patient
- Area of the body to be treated
- The medical condition of the patient
- Type of cancer treatment planned to be performed
- Post-procedure complications that are involved
- Type of Hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
Is Oral Cancer Treatment a major or minor procedure?
Cancer treatment may be a major procedure as it involves the usage of either a single drug or combination of drugs to treat the type of cancer/disease condition and may cause several side-effects to the patients.
What are the risks and complications associated with Oral Cancer Treatment?
Following are a few risks and complications of Oral Cancer treatment:
- Hair loss [Alopecia]Nausea or vomiting
- Severe tiredness
- Hearing impairment
- Bleeding problems
- Decreased blood count
- Oral inflammation
- Loss of appetite
- Mental health problems
How long does it take to complete Oral Cancer Treatment?
Cancer treatment may take almost 4-6 months to complete and sometimes it may take less or more than the usual time depending on the number of treatment cycles, condition of the patient, type of cancer, and type of drugs used.
What is the success rate of Oral Cancer Treatment?
The success rate of Oral Cancer Treatment depends on the following factors:
- Number of treatment cycles
- Type of cancer
- Type of chemotherapy drugs used
- Age of the patient
- Health condition of the patient
Is Cancer Treatment painful?
Generally, most of the cancer treatments don't cause any pain and there is less chance for the patients to feel pain during and after the cancer treatment. However, if any pain is experienced, consult the doctor immediately.
Is Oral Cancer Treatment permanent?
Cancer treatment is a permanent procedure that helps to either cure or reduce the spread of cancer.
What are the long-term results of Oral Cancer Treatment?
- Reduces the reoccurrence of cancer
- Stops the spread of cancer to surrounding cells
- Not able to conceive (rarely) Hair loss
What are the options if Oral Cancer Treatment fails?
If Oral Cancer treatment fails, the doctor may suggest alternatives like radiation therapy, immunotherapy, etc.
What are the alternatives for Oral Cancer Treatment?
The following are the alternatives for Oral Cancer Treatment:
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy