29 doctors available in Hyderabad
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is the recovery time for Mitral Valve Replacement (MVR) Surgery?
Individuals who undergo Mitral Valve Replacement may take 4-6 weeks to recover completely.
2. Is Mitral Valve Replacement (MVR) Surgery permanent?
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery is a permanent surgery which involves the incision of chest and surgical correction of the heart valves to increase the overall quality and life expectancy of the patient.
3. Who are the best surgeons/doctors to perform Mitral Valve Replacement (MVR) Surgery?
A certified and trained Heart surgeon or a Cardiologist who is well experienced in performing Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery can perform this surgery.
4. What are the advantages of Mitral Valve Replacement (MVR) Surgery?
The following are the advantages of Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery:
- It helps in reducing the symptoms of congenital heart defects.
- Decreases the risk of recurrence of a heart attack.
- Improves the life expectancy of an individual
- Treatment for congenital heart conditions
5. What is Mitral Valve Replacement (MVR) Surgery?
A surgical procedure done to replace the mitral valve (Bicuspid valve) with an artificial mechanical or biological tissue valve is known as Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery. MVR surgery is done as a result of dysfunction of bicuspid or mitral valve present between the left atrium and left ventricle. As a result of the mitral valve not working, the blood will backflow into the left atrium, hence sufficient amount of oxygenated blood is not pumped out of the left ventricle to the body organs.