Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lip Reduction?
Lip Reduction is a cosmetic surgery that involves reducing the size of either upper or lower lips. This surgery helps to improve the appearance of facial features by reducing the volume of lips.
What are the advantages of Lip Reduction?
Some of the advantages of Lip Reduction are as follows:
- Minimally invasive
- Improves the appearance of lips
- Reduces the size of lips
What are the indications of Lip Reduction?
Indications of Lip Reduction are as follows:
- Lip deformity due to accident or disease.
- Improper lip appearance
What is the preparation for Lip Reduction?
- Before undergoing this surgery, the patient should inform past and present medical and medication history to the doctor.
- The surgeon will examine the lips to know what kind of changes should be made.
- The lips may be photographed and compared with the lips after surgery.
- Smoking will delay recovery. Hence you are advised to quit smoking until you are completely recovered and also prior to the surgery.
What are the steps involved in Lip Reduction?
- General anesthesia or local anesthesia will be given to the patient by an anesthesiologist.
- Next, the surgeon will make incisions in a horizontal line on the lip that to be reduced.
- Then, the excess fat or tissues will be removed thus helps in reducing the volume of the lips.
- Once the desired shape, structure and size of the lips are achieved, the surgeon will close the incisions with stitches.
- Photos of the lips will be taken to compare them with the photos before the surgery.
What is the postprocedure care/recovery care for Lip Reduction?
- Please avoid bitting or crushing the lips.
- Avoid smoking.
- You may suffer from bleeding, swelling, and pain in the lips. So, take the pain killers prescribed by the doctor.
- Make an appointment for a check-up with the doctor.
Who can perform Lip Reduction [Right specialist type for Lip Reduction]?
Lip Reduction can be performed by a Plastic Surgeon or Cosmetic Surgeon.
What is the cost of Lip Reduction?
Cost of Lip Reduction depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- Size of the lips
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc.
Minimum cost in Hyderabad starts from Rs.30,000
Average price in Hyderabad is approximately Rs.75,000
Maximum expenses in Hyderabad rise up to Rs.1,50,000
Cost of Unilateral Lip Reduction may be Rs.70,000
Cost of Bilateral Lip Reduction may be Rs.1,20,000
Is Lip Reduction a major surgery or minor surgery?
Lip Surgery can be either major or minor procedure depending on the patient's medical condition.
What is the eligibility criteria for Lip Reduction?
People who can undergo Lip Reduction Surgery are:
- Individuals suffering from lip deformity.
- People having improper lip appearance.
- Individuals with either larger size or smaller size of the lips.
What is the ineligibility criteria for Lip Reduction?
People who cannot undergo Lip Reduction Surgery are:
- People with a poor immune system.
- Individuals suffering from severe health conditions.
- People who are having a good appearance of lips.
- People suffering from cold sores or mouth sores.
- Individuals who can get the desired shape of their lips by other procedures.
What are the risks and complications associated with Lip Reduction?
The following are the risks involved in Lip Reduction surgery:
- Severe swelling
- Allergic reaction
How long does it take to complete Lip Reduction?
The duration of Lip Reduction surgery may depend on the type of lips, type of procedure, etc. The approximate duration is about 15-30 minutes.
What is the recovery time?
The recovery time may vary according to each individual. It usually takes about 2 weeks to recover completely.
What is the success rate of Lip Reduction?
The success rate of Lip Reduction surgery may depend on different factors like the type of lip reduction, age of the patient, type of surgeon, etc.
Is Lip Reduction painful?
Every surgery comes with a certain level of pain and some discomfort. You won't be experiencing pain during this process because you will be under anesthesia. There may be some discomfort after the procedure.
Is Lip Reduction Permanent?
Lip Reduction surgery is permanent as the size of the lips is reduced permanently.
What are the long-term results of Lip Reduction?
The following are the long-term results of Lip Reduction:
- Improved appearance of lips
- Provides well-shaped and structured lips
- Minimal risk
- In a few cases, irregularity in the shape and structure of lips may occur.
Can Lip Reduction be detected in the future?
Lip Reduction cannot be detected in the future as it involves very small incisions which may disappear slowly.
What are the options if Lip Reduction fails?
If Lip Reduction Surgery fails, then the doctor may recommend revision surgery.
What are the alternatives for Lip Reduction?
The alternatives for Lip Reduction surgery are as follows:
- Facial exercises
- Dermal fillers
- Usage of foundation or concealer to make the lips look small
- Choosing darker lip shades and colors