Frequently Asked Questions
What is Varicose Vein?
Large, swollen veins appeared on the legs and feet are Varicose Veins. Due to malfunction in the valve of the veins, the blood doesn’t flow effectively and results in Varicose Vein. Varicose Vein rarely needs treatment, but if it results in aches, swelling, and painful legs, then several treatment options are available. These veins usually occur in the legs; however, they can also form in other parts of your body. In rare cases, the varicose vein may rupture and cause ulcers on the skin and this condition requires treatment.
What are the signs and symptoms of Varicose Vein?
Usually, varicose veins are asymptomatic, but in a few cases the symptoms are:
- Legs pain
- Heaviness in legs especially after exercise or at night
- Longer bleeding than normal
- Swelling on ankles
- Spider veins
- Brownish or blue discoloration of the surrounding skin
- Venous eczema
- Leg cramps during sudden movement
- Restless leg syndrome
- Atrophy blanche
What are the complications faced during Varicose Vein?
Complications faced during Varicose vein are:
- Chronic venous insufficiency
However, apart from the above, they may be other complications. So, please consult the doctor to get treated for varicose veins.
What are the treatment options for Varicose Vein?
The treatment options for varicose veins are:
- Ligation and stripping
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Endovenous laser treatment
- Transilluminated powered phlebectomy
What is the cost of Varicose Veins Treatment in Hyderabad?
Cost of Varicose Veins Treatment in Hyderabad depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Type of hospital
- Age of the patient
- Type of procedure
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as scanning, etc.
The minimum cost for Varicose Vein Treatment in Hyderabad starts from Rs.1,10,000
An average amount to be paid for Varicose Vein Treatment in Hyderabad is approximately Rs.1,34,000
The maximum price for Varicose Vein Treatment in Hyderabad is up to Rs.1,64,000
However, this is not an exact cost for Varicose Vein Treatment in Hyderabad. So, please discuss with your doctor regarding the cost.
What are the causes of Varicose Vein?
- There are only one-way valves in the veins so that the blood can flow unidirectional. If the flexibility of the vein decreases by the age the valves get weaker.
- Due to the weakened valve, the blood may flow in the opposite direction. Hence the blood accumulates in the vein and it becomes enlarged and swollen.
- The veins that are the furthest from the heart are mostly affected. Any condition that applies pressure on the abdomen such as pregnancy, constipation, etc can cause varicose veins.
What are the risk factors for Varicose Vein?
Few of the risk factors for Varicose Veins are:
- Age over 50
- Standing for prolonged periods
- Family history
What are the home remedies and prevention of Varicose Vein Treatment?
- Losing weight
- Raising legs
- Compression stockings
- Avoiding standing and sitting for long periods of time
How can the Varicose Vein be diagnosed?
By performing any of the following tests, the doctor can diagnose the varicose vein:
- Doppler test
- Color duplex ultrasound scan