1. What are the different types of treatment options for malaria?
There is just one way to treat malaria at the moment and that is with the help of drugs prescribed by a doctor. When taken, these drugs work by killing the parasite.
2. Are there any side effects for the treatment of malaria?
Yes, there are a few side effects of antimalarial drugs, which include nausea, chills, vomiting, headache, abdominal pain, dizziness, ringing in the ear and loss of balance.
3. Is the cost of treatment of malaria high?
No, the cost of malarial drugs is not too high. The most popular one from an Indian drug company costs around Rupees 200 for three tablets.
4. What is the duration for the treatment of malaria?
The treatment can cure malaria in a minimum of three days and can go on to a week at the maximum.
5. What are the most common medicines for the treatment of malaria?
Some of the most common medicines used in the treatment of malaria include chloroquine phosphate, artemisinin-based combination therapy drugs such as artemether-lumefantrine and artesunate-amodiaquine, quinine sulphate with doxycycline, and mefloquine among others.