1790 doctors available in Hyderabad
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is included in the jaundice treatment for adults?
Jaundice treatment for adults depends upon the treatment of the underlying cause. It includes
- Iron supplements
- Corticosteroids, anti-viral medications
- Surgery in case of obstructive jaundice
2. What foods can help me in managing jaundice better?
Following foods can help you in managing jaundice better
- Fruits like papaya and mango
- Herbal tea
- High fibre foods like oatmeal
- Green leafy vegetables
3. Is light therapy useful in jaundice?
Yes, light therapy is useful in jaundice. It is used to treat newborn jaundice. It lowers bilirubin levels by photo-oxidation and helping eliminate the excess bilirubin in the body.
4. What is included in the treatment of infant jaundice?
Treatment of infant jaundice is only needed if bilirubin levels are high. Treatment includes
- Exchange transfusion
- Intravenous fluids
5. How long will it take to treat jaundice?
It depends upon the underlying cause of jaundice. It may vary from few weeks to few months to treat jaundice. Intrahepatic jaundice may take 10-12 months to get completely treated. Jaundice due to gallstones can resolve in a day if the stones are surgically removed.