Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Are there tests to confirm that the infection is caused by yeast?
The diagnosis of candidiasis requires the patient's medical history as well as a pelvic exam in which the cervix and vagina are examined. A swab of cells may be collected for further testing.
2. Can vaginal yeast infection be cured by using home remedies?
Simple vaginal yeast infections may be even treated at home using over-the-counter products. Probiotics may slow down the growth of the causative agent Candida albicans. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor for a better treatment option.
3. Can Ayurvedic medicines treat vaginal yeast infections?
Common ayurvedic remedies include buttermilk, asafoetida, turmeric, cumin, mint, garlic and other herbs. Dietary modifications may be required for optimum results. If the infection becomes severe, it is recommended to visit a gynaecologist for proper treatment.
4. Can using tampoons during periods cause vaginal yeast infections?
Tampons may cause irritation if they are scented and tend to retain moisture. If not changed regularly, tampons increase the chances of developing a vaginal yeast infection.
5. Can vaginal yeast infection go away without treatment?
In some cases, candidiasis can go away by itself. If it is a simple infection, it may go away on its own, but it is always recommended to get the condition treated.