142 doctors available in Gurgaon
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?
The signs and symptoms include fatigue, widespread pain in the muscles and joints. Other common symptoms are anxiety, headache, morning stiffness, sleep problems and irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Can yoga or meditation help resolve fibromyalgia?
Yes, yoga helps to resolve fibromyalgia. Yoga with meditation, deep breathing, slow movements and relaxation can be followed. These practices are also useful in severe condition.
3. What are the self-help techniques for the management of fibromyalgia?
The self-help techniques include:
Develop a plan to avoid stress
Maintain a healthy lifestyle
Get sufficient sleep
4. Who should I consult for the management of fibromyalgia?
Medical professionals, such as primary care doctors, rheumatologists, psychologist and psychiatrist and physical and occupational therapists, help in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
5. How long will it take to treat fibromyalgia?
The treatment for fibromyalgia reduces the symptoms and improves the quality of life, but there is no cure for this condition currently.