1. What is the success rate of Proctoscopy?
The success rate of Proctoscopy depends on the following factors:
- Bowel preparation
- Experience of the doctor
- Age and health condition of the patient
However, the success rate of Proctoscopy in the examination of the rectum is 85% to 98%.
2. What is the cost of Proctoscopy?
Minimum amount to be paid for Proctoscopy in Gurgaon starts from Rs.1,500
Average expenses for Proctoscopy in Gurgaon is approximately Rs.5,750
Maximum charges for Proctoscopy in Gurgaon rises up to Rs.8,500
Cost of Proctoscopy may vary and the factors that affect the price are:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
3. Is Proctoscopy Permanent?
Proctoscopy is used to evaluate and diagnose the rectum for any abnormalities like inflammation, ulcers, tumors, and blood loss, etc. and is not a permanent procedure as the proctoscope will be removed at the end of the procedure.
4. What is the recovery time for Proctoscopy?
Individuals who undergo Proctoscopy can continue their daily and social activities within 24 hours. On an average, the recovery time is 24 to 48 hours.
5. How long does it take to complete Proctoscopy?
Generally, Proctoscopy takes 10 to 25 minutes to complete. If any polyps are needed to remove, then it may take more time to complete.