Frequently Asked Questions
What are Piles?
Swollen or/and inflamed veins in the rectum and anus region, when if not treated can cause pain or bleeding. Piles are also known as Hemorrhoids. Piles can be formed on the blood vessels, support tissue, muscle, elastic fibers present in the rectum or anus.
They can be classified into 2 types:
- External Piles
- Internal Piles
What are the symptoms of Piles?
Usually, piles have no symptoms and in a few cases, one can find any of the following symptoms.
- Mucus discharge from the anus
- Bleeding while bowel movement
- Visible blood on the stools, tissue paper, or drips, etc.
- Pain and discomfort while passing bowel
- Circumstantial Pain i.e., while sitting
- Itching, redness, etc.
How Piles are diagnosed?
In most cases, piles are self diagnosable. However, if an individual is not sure about the condition, he/she can consult a primary care provider. The doctor may use sigmoidoscopy to visualize internal piles or hemorrhoids.
What is the cost for Piles Treatment in Gurgaon?
The cost of Piles Treatment in Gurgaon may vary from one person to another due to the following factors:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- The severity of the piles
- Type of surgery planned to be performed
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
Minimum cost for Piles Treatment in Gurgaon may start from Rs.50,000
Average amount to be paid for Piles Treatment in Gurgaon is Rs.60,000
Maximum price for Piles Treatment in Gurgaon is up to Rs.1,44,800
What are the main causes of Piles?
Piles are caused due to increased pressure on rectum or anus and hence, the tissues are swollen. This can happen in the following conditions:
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic diarrhea
- Lifting heavyweights
- During pregnancy
- Straining or applying more pressure while passing stools
Which food to avoid during Piles or its treatment?
Foods with very little fibers and can cause constipation are to be avoided, such as:
- Bread, bagels
- Milk, cheese, or any other dairy products
- Processed and canned food
- Beverages like coffee, tea, and other caffeinated drinks
Is Piles Treatment painful?
Piles are a condition that is painful with discomfort in daily activities. However, the treatment is not painful and usually gives symptomatic relief to the patient.
What are the different treatment approaches for Piles Treatment?
The severity of the condition is divided into grades I to IV. The treatment approach used for each grade is different. Usually, in grades III and IV surgical approach is used. The other approaches are:
- Lifestyle changes such as diet changes and losing body weights
- Medications like over the counter (OTC) drugs, corticosteroids, laxatives
Who are the specialists for treating piles?
Nonsurgical treatment is usually self-treatable and/or a primary health care provider can treat the piles' condition. Whereas, for the surgical approach, the specialists are Gastroenterologist or a General Surgeon who is well experienced in performing piles surgery.
What happens if piles are untreated?
If piles remain untreated then smaller hemorrhoids or piles may go away with the time. Whereas, in severe conditions, the vein can protrude out of the anus and can bleed heavily with discomfort and pain.
How long does it take to heal piles after treatment?
Usually, Piles takes up to 7-15 days to heal depending on the grade, condition, and the treatment option opted for.