1. What are the different treatments for conditions associated with child psychology?
The main treatment in conditions associated with child psychology are psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, speech therapy and medications. In ADHD, stimulants are prescribed along with structuring child's school environment. If a child is suffering form depression then along with psychotherapy anti depressants are added. Other medicines too might be added.
2. How do I identify if my child needs to consult a psychologist?
There will be problems in multiple areas like with family, relationships, academics, friendships. A child requiring psycotherapy will show signs and symptoms like
he will withdraw from family, friends
prefere to stay alone
will prefer to stay aloof
3. Whom should I consult for the treatment of diseases related to child psychology?
You can consult a psychologist and a pediatrician who is specialized in treating special children to help diagnose and manage the condition, if you suspect your child has a psychological condition.
4. Will a child psychologist prescribe medicines to my child?
A child psychologist will not be able to prescribe medications but can provide detailed psychotherapy. One will need to consult a psychiatrist to prescribe medications as they along with psychotherapy together help in managing the mental conditions in a child.
5. Is speech therapy a part of child psychology treatment?
Yes, speech therapy is a part of child psychology treatment as it helps build language, social interaction skills, helps in building relationships and assisting in language development and vocabulary.