1. What can cause shoulder pain?
Shoulder pain is caused by the following reasons:
- Rotator cuff injury
- Brachial plexus injury
- Impingement syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Spinal cord injury
- Avascular necrosis
2. Whom should I consult if I have shoulder pain?
An orthopaedician should be consulted in an incidence of shoulder pain. Besides, neurologist and physiotherapist can help after ascertaining the root cause of shoulder pain.
3. What treatment options are available for shoulder pain?
The available treatment options for shoulder pain are as follows:
- Administration of painkillers. corticosteroids
- Administration of immobilization
- Heat and cold therapy
- Hydrodilation for frozen shoulder
4. Can physical therapy treat shoulder pain?
Yes, physical therapy can help in the management of shoulder pain by reducing stiffness and weakness. It increases mobility while relaxing the muscles. However, the primary cause of shoulder pain should be corrected after a proper diagnosis.
5. Can I take pain killers to treat shoulder pain?
You can take painkillers to reduce shoulder pain; however, the primary cause should be corrected and supplemented with physiotherapy.