24 doctors available in Ernakulam
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What can cause ear pain?
Ear pain usually occurs due to the following reasons:
- Wax in the ear
- Ear infection
- Presence of deliberate insertion of a foreign object in the ear
- ear injury and otitis externa
2. Is ear pain serious?
Ear pain can be an indication of a severe underlying disorder such as ear infections and tumours. Hence, it should be properly investigated and appropriately treated.
3. Can home remedies offer relief in ear pain?
Yes, home remedies can offer relief in ear pain for mild to moderate cases. These remedies include:
- Cold therapy
- Prescribed ear drops
- Administration of medications like antibiotics
- Use of garlic
4. Whom should I consult if I have an ear pain?
An otolaryngologist should be consulted if you have ear pain. He/she will examine and provide appropriate treatment for the underlying cause.
5. What treatment options are available for ear pain?
Treatment options available for ear pain are as follows:
- Administration of prescribed ear drops, antibiotics
- Administration of prescribed painkillers
- Careful removal of wax, foreign body
- Surgical drainage
- Treatment of the fundamental cause