Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What medicines are recommended for treating chickenpox?
The drugs recommended for treating chickenpox are antivirals, such as acyclovir and intravenous immunoglobulins. These medicines are prescribed only in case of a risk of complications.
2. What are the home remedies for chicken pox?
Home remedies for chickenpox are
(1) A bath with oatmeal-soaked cool water
(2) A lukewarm water bath mixed with baking soda
(3) Application of calamine lotion on blisters
3. How many days does it take to recover from chickenpox?
It takes about 7-15 days to recover from chickenpox after the first symptom or rashes appear.
4. Is it okay to take a bath during chickenpox?
It is perfectly safe to bathe during chickenpox. It is necessary for cleanliness. After bathing, apply calamine lotion on the skin.
5. How do I know if the condition is healing?
Formation of crusts and scabs, which is the last stage of chickenpox, indicates that the condition is healing.