Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
Special Interest in Diabetology
1. What are common causes of diarrhea?
Common causes of diarrhea include:
• Viral or bacterial infections
• Lactose intolerance
• Artificial sweeteners
• Digestive disorders like Crohn’s disease, celiac disease and irritable bowel syndrome
2. What is traveller's diarrhea?
Traveler’s disease affects the digestive tract disorder that causes abdominal cramps and loose stools. It is mainly caused due to contaminated water or food.
3. How long does diarrhea least?
Diarrhea usually reduces within seven days and rarely lasts for longer than two weeks in children. In adults, it typically improves within four days, although some infections may last for more than a week.
4. Diarrhea is a symptom of which other health condition?
Diarrhea is a symptom of other medical conditions affecting the bowel like irritable bowel syndrome, giardiasis, food allergies, ulcerative colitis and malabsorption syndrome.
5. When should one reach out to a doctor in case of diarrhea?
Contact your doctor if:
• You experience signs of dehydration like excessive thirst, severe weakness, no urination, dark-colored urine, dry mouth or dizziness.
• There is no improvement in your diarrhea even after two days
• You have severe rectal or abdominal pain