1. What causes astigmatism?
Astigmatism occurs when the cornea is irregularly shaped or due to the curvature of the lens in the eye. The irregularly shaped lens prevents light from entering the back region of the eye, leading to blurry vision.
2. What are the signs of astigmatism?
Some of the symptoms of astigmatism include:
1. Blurry vision when looking at objects near and far
2. Eye irritation
3. Difficulty in seeing a night
3. Is surgery possible to correct astigmatism
Yes. There are a few laser and refractive surgeries that can correct astigmatism.
4. Is it a hereditary condition?
While astigmatism is not always a hereditary condition, heredity does have an impact on whether you will get astigmatism.
5. Can dietary changes prevent astigmatism?
While there are some vitamins that help nourish the eye, there is no clear data on whether changing a diet alone can treat astigmatism.