Frequently Asked Questions
What is Relationship Counselling?
Relationship Counselling is a collaborative effort of a counsellor and the client (couple) to improve the relationship of an individual by assisting them overcoming the conflicts, misunderstandings, etc. to a better and stronger relationship. Relationship Counselling helps the couple with behavioural changes, relationship issues, or mental or emotional disorders.
Can counselling help a relationship?
Relationship Counselling helps the couple to see the positive side of a relationship and overcomes the conflicts between them. The success rate of relationship counselling is also high. So, counselling can help a relationship.
Can a single person go for Relationship Counselling?
There are lots of reasons where a single person can go for Relationship Counselling and few of them are:
- After break-up
- Breaking the negative pattern of dating someone who is not good for you
- Help in ‘getting out there’
- Getting to know yourself better
What is the success rate of Relationship Counselling?
The success rate of Relationship Counselling maybe 70-80%.
What happens in Relationship Counselling?
Relationship Counselling usually brings the couple close by conducting joint sessions.
Skills to solidify the relationship are learned with the counsellor, such as:
- Open communication
- Problem-solving skills
- How to solve the differences in a rational way
What is the cost of Relationship Counselling?
The cost of Relationship Counselling depends on the following factors:
- Experience of the counsellor/therapist
- The number of sessions required by a couple
- The fees are per session, per hour or packages offers, etc.
However, the cost of Relationship Counselling may be up to Rs.6,300 to Rs.13,650 per session.
When a couple should go for Relationship Counselling?
- When a couple is not talking
- When a couple is talking but all negative
- When a person is afraid to talk
- When as a punishment to the partner, affection is withheld
- When an individual antagonizes their partner
- Keeping secrets
- When an individual is unfaithful
- When a couple fights over some little topic over and over
- When the sex life is not pleasant
Why Relationship Counselling is done?
Relationship Counselling is done to strengthen the partnership and overcome the conflicts to gain a better understanding of each other. The topics discussed during a relationship counselling are:
- Communication problems faced by a couple
- Sexual difficulties
- Child caring in a blended family
- Substance abuse
- Anger management
- Premarital Counselling for the couple to get a better understanding of each other before marriage.
Is Relationship Counselling effective?
The effectiveness of Relationship Counselling totally depends on the dedication and efforts given by a couple to overcome the issues. Timing is very essential when a couple wishes to go for Relationship Counselling.
What are the advantages of Relationship Counselling?
The advantages of Relationship Counselling are:
- It helps in clarifying the misunderstanding or communication differences between a couple.
- It can make the connection of a couple stronger than ever.
- Can help in removing roadblocks in a relationship.
- Can help in personal growth and self-awareness of an individual in a relationship.