1475 doctors available in Delhi
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. For what diseases is nebulisation therapy performed?
Nebulisation therapy is performed for following diseases
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Asthma, cystic fibrosis
- Respiratory tract infections
2. What are the medicines used in nebulisation therapy?
Following medicines are used in nebulisation therapy
- Ipratropium bromide
- Sodium cromoglycate
3. Is nebulisation therapy useful in the treatment of cough?
Yes, nebulisation therapy is useful in the treatment of cough due to conditions like asthma, bronchitis, allergies and chronic obstructive lung disease. It helps in symptomatic relief as it delivers medication directly into the lungs.
4. Who is nebulisation therapy useful for?
Nebulisation therapy is useful for patients suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease, pneumonia, cystic fibrosis, tuberculosis and respiratory tract infections. It is also prescribed in children for respiratory tract infections.
5. Why do I need nebulisation therapy?
You need nebulisation therapy for respiratory disorders so that there is targeted drug delivery to the lungs and it helps in symptomatic relief.