1. Can labyrinthitis be cured?
Labyrinthitis can be cured without any treatment, but by treating the main cause will help to prevent long-lasting complications. It can be cured with antibiotics.
2. Can I swim while undergoing treatment for labrynthitis?
No, you cannot swim while undergoing treatment for labyrinthitis. During this treatment, you should avoid sudden movements for your safety.
3. What is vestibular rehabilitation therapy?
Vestibular rehabilitation therapy is an exercise-based program that is designed by a trained physical therapist for reducing problems related to dizziness and improving balance.
4. How long does labyrinthitis last?
After a period of the gradual recovery of symptoms, labyrinthitis may last for several weeks or a month.
5. What tests are ordered to diagnose labyrinthitis ?
A specific test is not determined to diagnose labyrinthitis. However, the doctor may carry out other neurological evaluations and physical examinations to check for stroke, brain tumour or head injury using a computerised tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan.