2312 doctors available in Delhi
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Can anaemia be cured permanently?
Anaemia in which the red blood cells (RBCs) are not functional can be cured. However, aplastic anaemia that leads to bone marrow problems is rare and can be fatal if left untreated.
2. What medications are prescribed to treat anaemia?
Medications prescribed during anaemia treatment are:
Other medicines, such as hydroxycarbamide and hydroxyurea, for treating sickle cell anaemia
3. How long does it take to treat iron deficiency anaemia?
It usually takes two to three weeks for the iron-supplements to improve symptoms of iron-deficiency anaemia. Taking iron for several months helps build-up the iron reserve and cure iron-deficiency anaemia.
4. What is an iron infusion?
Iron infusion is a process in which iron is delivered to the body intravenously that is into a vein through a needle.
5. Is it safe to drive after getting the iron infusion?
Yes, it is safe to drive after getting the iron infusion, as it increases the body's iron level quickly and also increases energy and helps in easy breathing.