Water brash problem

I am a 20 year old guy. i have done an endoscopy and have been diagnosed with hiatus hernia. My only symptom is that i produce excessive saliva throughout the day. i don't get heartburn. Saliva is usually thin, watery and little foamy without any taste. i have to keep spitting every few minutes throughout the day. it is very annoying. i also suffer from occasional belching and coughing. i have taken medications prescribed by my doctor- norgel DSR and Ganaton OD 150mg, but it does not seem to be working. Also when i am really busy or my mind is diverted i do not produce saliva that much. once or twice a week i have to throw up in the mornings because i swallow some of the saliva accumulated in my sleep unconsciously . it is taking a toll on me mentally. it is socially very frustrating too. i am not being able to concentrate on many important things like studying. What kind of diet should i follow? what kind of other tests can i get done? how to get relief from this horrible disease?

Doctor Answers (1) on Water brash problem

Ravi Mohanka Mumbai | Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic
Consult a Laparoscopic surgeon for suitability for fundoplication surgery