Vomet during Travelling
Hello Dr, My case,histry like whenever i travel in car or bus just after 30 minutes i do vomet and then every after 10 minutes cycle remain same until i do not sleep even i stoped my travelling so this reason i can't travel aywhere more than 30 minutes. I have tried many tablet to stop vomet but all those not worked to me. Please suggest effective medician atleast 4,5 hours i can travel anywhere. Thanks

Dr. Arunabha Das
General Physician 4 yrs exp Darjeeling
Motion sickness is a very embarrassing issue in many lives. You have to consult any consultant physician for evaluation of motion sickness. If there is any underlying pathology, than it needs to be treated. If your motion sickness is physiological, than you may take antihistamines for controlling motion sickness. Rx Tab Antivert (Meclizine) 25mg 1tab once daily s.o.s for motion sickness, about 1hour before starting journey in vehicles. Tab Pantop-DSR 1tab once daily before food s.o.s for gas. Avoid alcohol consumption as it aggravates motion sickness. Alcohol consumption also interacts with medications which i said to you. So, avoid alcohol consumption immediately, if you are taking it. Home remedies include intake of ginger before starting journey helps. Ginger may also be consumed once daily in diet. Avoid heavy meal during or before journey. If you need to take heavy meal before journey sometimes, than keep gap of 2-3 hours between meal and journey. Take care.