Vertigo time to heal

Hello Dr as I have vertigo since two years and this is my 2nd attack in two months before 2years there was two attacks which was for a week or so last month also attack was for a week only ! But these days it's been almost 12 days still I feel sick and cant go out or go for work can u tell me how many more days ???

Doctor Answers (1) on Vertigo time to heal

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Some of the most effective treatments for peripheral vertigo include particle repositioning movements. The most well-known of these treatments is the Epley maneuver or canalith repositioning procedure. Cawthorne head exercises, or vestibular rehabilitation habituation exercises, are a series of eye and head movements which lead to decreased sensitivity of the nerves within the inner ear and subsequent improvement of vertigo. These simple movements need to be practiced by the patient on a regular basis for best results. Medications may provide some relief, but are not recommended for long-term use. .. recurrence of BPPV may be more than 15% in the first year after an episode, it is unlikely that vertigo will persist beyond a few days. When vertigo persists, evaluation for any underlying structural problems of the brain, spinal canal, or inner ear may be necessary...