Urgent Help required

Hi Doctor, Few days back I had loose motion and to avoid that I took Norflox and then I started suffering from constipation with itching in the Anus... I consulted a doctors and he gave me some medicine including an ointment to apply on my Anus... Now the constipation is gone but I am still experiencing itching while excreting and for sometime after that... Can this be a symptom of Piles... I have no bleeding in stool and no pain.... But I am really worried....

Hello there. I can understand your concern. who told you to take norflox? this is what happens when you do self medication. yes it could be a sign of piles. also it could be a sign of worm infestation like my good colleague already suggested. have a high fiber diet and drink a bowl of curd everyday after food. consult a general surgeon for further evaluation and management. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Anil B Sheth
General Physician 36 yrs exp Ahmedabad
At times Anal itching can be due to worms infestation. So keep applying that ointment after defecation, but take 1 tab named Zentel 400 mgm at any time of the day but u have to chew this one just once only n repeat after a wk or 2..just notice whether u have passed any small white thread like worms or not .