Unusable syringes

Do pathological laboratories like the SRLs, use un-usable syringes to draw out blood? A bit paranoid after giving a blood sample. Wanted to know the possibility of contracting STI,STD through used syringes, if in-case they did use a used one. However, I was told that the syringes cant be reused. She then burnt the syringe top and dropped it in a bin. But i had seen the syringe cap broken when she was taking the syringe out. Not sure if she did that when I wasn't watching or was like this before. She had later attached a tube at the back, to draw out blood.

Doctor Answers (1) on Unusable syringes

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...now a days from the smallest of the smallest centre or lab use disposal syringes only ..I don't think you need to be worried about it or contracting any std...do not be paranoid about it..just leave the topic there only....thank you