I hv a liver problm, 2 test result r higher the normal level.its Alkine phosphatase is116.0& Globulin is3.3. I am 35 kg& i want to put on weight aroun 10 to 15 i want to be little could u pls tell me what do i do.bcoz i eat alots but nothing improvemnt happens in my how to put on weight?

Doctor Answers (1) on Underweight

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician

I understand how you feel being so lean.

You are a way too underweight for your age. I assume that liver problem you're facing is the causing factor. But the values of alp you have shared are not considered unless there 5 fold rise in it. So I assume that you're recovering from your liver problem. Since you have a problem you need to totally recover from your liver problem till then you cannot take high protein, salt, spicy foods. If you force yourself now there is chance that your livers current condition may deteriorate. So recover from that and after you will automatically gain weight.

Take care if your health.
Thank you