Tuberclosis Relapse
Sir my wife had tuberclosis for which she took medicine for one year .we thought she got cured as her weight increased. In suddenly she started shivering her x ray showed plueral effusion now she is taking medicines padt 8 months ..she recently took tb gold which showed nagtive.my question is how would i know that she is totaly cured of tb and tb will not come again.

Dr. Pankaj K Bang
Pulmonologist 8 yrs exp Delhi

I will need to see all the details and previous reports in your case. Tb gold is not a helpful test in your case. Follow up with me on my practo contact.