Tonsillectomy

I got tonsillectomy last week...the 1st week I was eating only fluids...but recently I started eating soft foods...my concern is I'm not able to pass stool properly...my stomach feels bloated and it pains while passing stools. And also I'm still on recovery medications. Please help!

Doctor Answers (1) on Tonsillectomy

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..., Increase your fiber intake. Adding fiber to your diet increases the weight of your stool and speeds its passage through your intestines. Slowly begin to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables each day. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals... Exercise most days of the week. Physical activity increases muscle activity in your intestines. Try to fit in exercise most days of the week. Don't ignore the urge to have a bowel movement. Take your time in the bathroom, allowing yourself enough time to have a bowel movement without distractions and without feeling rushed...