Tingling in left thumb

During a sporting activity I think I hurt my thumb by applying too much pressure at a particular point. Now, for 10days or so the upper part of my thumb is a little numb. And if I press at a particular spot just below where the thumb meets the palm, there is a tingling sensation and little pain radiating through the thumb. None of the other fingers are affected. Seema like a nerve is getting pinched somewhere. It has subsided to some degree over the last few days but hasnt gone away. How to address this?

Doctor Answers (1) on Tingling in left thumb

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, X-rays can show whether the bones of the thumb and hand are broken. Your hand specialist will examine the thumb to determine whether the ligament is torn. Some tears can be treated using a splint or a cast. Other tears need to be fixed surgically.So consult orthopedic surgeon and get an x Ray .