Thorat problem
I was having sore throat a week ago. I gurgled with warm salt water for two days and applied vicks vapour rub, though it gave me relief for the time being. But still having uncomfortable situation due to my throat. Is it because of tonsil or any sort of infection? Or can you suggest me any liquid to gargle with. Thank you.

Dr. J. V. Srujan
General Physician 6 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

There must be some persistant infection in your throat. A simple 5 day course of antibiotics should be sufficient. Visit your local general physician for prescription.

Hello there we understand your feeling and your condition. But then it would be very bothersome if we are suffering from sore throat. But then you have been taking good results and the home remedies ofcourse it would give relief by that time. And you should repeat it 5 to 6 times a day so that the relief would be stable. Along with this you need to use medications too. Consult your doctor today for better treatment. Thank you