Symptoms of Wilson's

Sir/madam, I suspected of having Wilson's disease, because I thought I had Kf ring. I had random nervous pinching like sensations and couple of years back I had depression like symptoms. I consulted a neurologist, he said I am fine yet gets tested for Kf ring and to test for ceruloplasmin and serum copper in blood. Kf ring test was negative but my cereloplasmin level is 17.6mg/dl and serum copper is 75 mug/dl. I happen to read that lower ceruloplasmin and serum copper levels suggest that the unbound copper in the body gets deposited in organs. Are my symptoms consistent with Wilson's disease? What should be my course of action? PS. I also have elevated blood cost 17.6
views-icons 23 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Symptoms of Wilson's

Dr. Phanindra V V Bangalore | General Physician
Hello. Usual sites of copper deposition in Wilson's disease are brain and liver. Any neuro psychiatry and liver manifestations may be seen. This is due to mutated gene. Your condition may also be a metabolic error. Consult nearby physician once with reports you have. Always as a rule, reports are analysed on the background of physical manifestations.