Swollan teat gland.

My right eye tear gland is bit swollen for past few years. Swelling will increase or decrease periodically, some time doest even visible.

I do not feel any itching or pain and it is not troubling my vision. I use reading glass + 2.5.

Remedy please.

Regards.

Doctor Answers (1) on Swollan teat gland.

Hello I'm Dr. Subin. There are various glands in the eye, if your inflammation is on your eye lid(where the lacrimal/tear gland actually is), it could either be a Chalazion or Stye. A stye is painful and for short duration(7 to 14 days). So the chances are you have a chalazion, which have little medical management. Hot compress regularly with  warm and wet cloth might work initially. Its actually a surgical condition. If your inflammation is more to your nasal side towards the medial end of eye lids and on sides of your nose, chances are you have a dacryocystitis. Here proper drainage of the tear is not happening and it overflows out of your eyes. Tear is normally supposed to drain to your nose through the nadolacrimal duct. (Dacryocystitis is in simple words a block in this pathway). It is again a surgically manageable condition. Lacrimal syringing works in initial and mild cases. Good luck.