Swelling in leg .

Last year in May 2015 . My mother went to Bihar to attend marriage . There it was some rituals for that she had fast for 3 days continuously eating only fruits . next day see reported that her whole joint are paining and her ankle was swollen . Some doctor there prescribed pain killer by which the pain was gone for 2 days again it started . After marriage she came to Kolkata . I examined her leg . Where I pressed her leg the part went under make a hollow space . I was worried . But later she said it is gone . But it is still there . Whenever she walk more it appear again . I am worried . Which doctor should I consult in Kolkata . Please help .

Doctor Answers (1) on Swelling in leg .

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,if she has no associated symptoms like fever, headche ,it could be due to trauma. X Ray is required to to know the exact cause of swelling. It could also be viral infection most commonly chickengunya in which joint bpain is prominent feature. Ask she if she had any mosquitos problem. Consult general physician