Suggestion on injection

My mom is suffering with coccydynia. She was suggested to take the coccydynia injection. But we have heard from others that if taken that will be a temporary relief and later it would effect more. We wanted to make sure if it is okay to take and if it has to be taken multiple times. Please confirm on how safe it is to take the injection, the frequency that has to be followed and any other details we are ought to know.

Doctor Answers (1) on Suggestion on injection

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Your question is bit unclear...I guess you are talking about local anaesthetic injection or cortisone injection... Tell her to avoid sitting down for long periods of time. When seated, do not sit on hard surfaces and she can do alternate sitting on each side of the buttocks. Also, lean forward and direct her weight away from the tailbone....if your orthopedic surgeon has suggested means they would have assesed benefits and drawbacks so it's better to go according to their guidance.. Regards.