Stress & unusualheartbeat

Sometimes when I am lying down ,sitting or doing any work my heart beat suddenly increases and when my heartbeat increases I think about any disease and again it increases . When I think of it , it keeps on increasing . Sometimes because of stress and fear my heartbeat increases and starts painting

Doctor Answers (1) on Stress & unusualheartbeat

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Keep blood pressure and cholesterol levels under control. Make lifestyle changes and take medications as prescribed to correct high blood pressure (hypertension) or high cholesterol.
Stop smoking. If you smoke and can't quit on your own, talk to your doctor about strategies or programs to help you break a smoking habit.
Drink in moderation. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so in moderation. For healthy adults, that means up to one drink a day for women of all ages and men older than age 65, and up to two drinks a day for men age 65 and younger. For some conditions it's recommended that you completely avoid alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice specific to your condition. If you can't control your alcohol consumption, talk to your doctor about a program to quit drinking and manage other behaviors related to alcohol abuse.
Don't use recreational drugs. Don't use stimulants, such as cocaine. Talk to your doctor about an appropriate program for you if you need help ending recreational drug use.
Use over-the-counter medications with caution. Some cold and cough medications contain stimulants that may trigger a rapid heartbeat. Ask your doctor which medications you need to avoid.
Limit caffeine. If you drink caffeinated beverages, do so in moderation.
Control stress. Avoid unnecessary stress and learn coping techniques to handle normal stress in a healthy way.
Go to scheduled checkups. Have regular physical exams and report any signs or symptoms to your doctor.