liver-icon

Stones in gallbladder

Hello doctor, I used to get pain in my stomach whenever i eat hard food. I consulted a surgeon regarding this and he said that i have multiple stones in my gallbladder of size 4 to 5 mm. He advised removal of gallbladder as the stones are bigger and will not be cured by medication. I was afraid if any problem arises after removing it. Is there is a chance of removing only stones without removing the gallbladder..please suggest me an appropriate solution so that i can take further step. Thank you.

Hi.... The gallstones are only treated if they have caused gallbladder inflammation, blockage of the bile ducts, or if they have moved from the bile ducts into the intestines. Patients who are treated are generally put on a low fat diet..... Surgical removal of gall bladder is only effective management..... Consult surgeon for further advice....