Stomach Ailment

I am having this problem since past 7-8 months. Whenever I am eating food, it feels that it is moving very slowly down the esophagus and sometimes, I also feel that the food gets stuck there. Sometimes, I vomit after my meal and sometimes it happens during the time of eating. The vomit surely happens, when I feel that food is stuck in pipe and I drink water, hoping to push it down. The problem occurrence is 40-50% of my meals. Sometimes, when I drink a lot of water before sleeping, I get up after a few minutes coughing intensely and vomit some water (not food). But again I drink water and go to sleep peacefully. No problems on second time. I get excessive burps especially in morning. Sometimes in morning, I feel gas rising up in my head or chest, which pains immensely, but on drinking water, the pain subsides in a few seconds. I used to smoke 6-8 cigs about 4 months back, but now cut down to 1 cig a day or even less. Alcohol consumption is once in 15 days or less. Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Stomach Ailment

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...first and foremost you must completely stop taking any alcohol or smoking. When you are suffering from such symptoms, even a little quantity will exacerbate your symptoms. From the symptoms it looks you could be suffering from gatrooesophageal reflux disease. But it is difficult to pinpoint the diagnosis just from history. It will detailed clinical examination and further investigations including blood, ultrasound and probably endoscopy also. So kindly consult a gastroenterologist for further evaluation.