Spine TB: Potts spine

I had been diagnosed with Potts spine in 2014. I went through traction application for my L6 area for a week followed by bedrest and antibiotics for about 3 months. I am 90% fir now and able to do all jobs. I was asked not to donate blood because of possibilities of infection transmission to the receiver because of this, back then. It has been 12 years. So I just wanted to understand if the same situation still prevails. If I have to sure that I can donate blood/Platelets now, should I get any specific tests done or consult to any doctor? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Spine TB: Potts spine

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, If you have active tuberculosis or are being treated for active tuberculosis you should not donate. Acceptable if you have a positive skin test, but no active tuberculosis, or if you are receiving antibiotics for a positive TB skin test only. If you are being treated for a tuberculosis infection, wait until treatment is successfully completed before donating.