Sore upper hand muscles

I went to gym after 1.5 years. Did triceps excercise and now my hands are jammed. Not able to fold them at all. Day 1 was still bearable, applied moov and by the end of the day it was okay. But day2 is bad. Morning woke up with jammed hands. Dipped muscles in hot water for few mins and applied moov again. Suggestions?

Doctor Answers (2) on Sore upper hand muscles

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. It's due to inflammation. Since you have done overuse after a long time, its happening. Take a painkiller and you can apply moov or oligel or dicloran gel. After recovering, resume excercise and increase the intensity gradually. Regards
Dr. Manju Lihala Bangalore | General Physician
It is muscular inflammation. Keep applying moov, hot fomentation, take some anti inflammatory drugs like diclofenac and give rest to the muscles till the pain and stiffness disappears. This should help and when you start exercising again start with mild exercise for a few days and then slowly increase in intensity.