Snoring while sleeping

Hi my bmi is 21.92. What are the natural ways to reduce the snoring? I am working software engineer, I heard it is dangerous heart .is it true? Please guide me what should I do to reduce snoring? I snore badly whenever I sleep.

Doctor Answers (1) on Snoring while sleeping

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..., To prevent or quiet snoring, try these tips: If you're overweight, lose weight. People who are overweight may have extra tissues in the throat that contribute to snoring. Losing weight can help reduce snoring...Sleep on your side. Lying on your back allows your tongue to fall backward into your throat, narrowing your airway and partially obstructing airflow. Try sleeping on your side. If you find that you always end up on your back in the middle of the night, try sewing a tennis ball in the back of your pajama top....Raise the head of your bed. Raising the head of your bed by about 4 inches may help.