Smelling & taste

Sir or madam i have lost my smelling and taste for last 1 year ...when i took some medicine then its ok ..when i leave medicine again it is happened ...tell me some permanent solution .....

Doctor Answers (1) on Smelling & taste

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Loss of smell — anosmia (an-OZ-me-uh) — can be partial or complete, although a complete loss of smell is fairly rare. Loss of smell can also be temporary or permanent, depending on the cause.
The common cold is a frequent cause for a partial, temporary loss of smell. Chronic sinus infection also may result in a loss of smell. Other obstructions in the nasal passages, such as polyps, also may cause at least a partial loss of smell. Normal aging is often the cause of a progressive, complete, and permanent loss of smell.
Your olfactory system, which provides your sense of smell, consists of receptors in the mucous lining of your nose that send information through nerves into your brain. You can lose your sense of smell if any part of the olfactory pathway is damaged or destroyed. 
Consult Neurologist...