SMA type 2 treatment
My brother is 15 years old. He is suffering from SMA type2 disease. He can't stand or move. I need to know if there is any hope for treatment or support

Dr. Harisha N L
Hi there I understand your concern... Unfortunately there is no specific treatment for SMA now...treatment options are under clinical trials...A multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals will be needed to manage the symptoms of SMA. The team may include specialists in neurology, genetics, palliative care, respiratory medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and gastrointestinal /dietetics....discuss the issue with your treating doctors they will guide you further.