Significant weight Loss
I have Lost like 6 kilos in about 5 months .Since 2 years never lost weight . I am facing the problem of constipation for more than a year now . 2 years back I was diagnosed of typhoid and was treated , since then I have observed that my digestive tract was never healthy again . Once in 3 months or more I get diarrhoeal episodes for 2 or 3 days , then subside . But constipation goes on ever time . If I have some fibres in my diet then constipation controlled to some extent . Also I have observed that The colour of my stool was never normal since almost 1 year or more . So what is that I need to do to correct this ??

Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Hello. From your symptoms, it looks like you are suffering from IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome). It causes alternate episodes of constipation and diarrhoea. Take tab RIFAGUT 400mg 3 times daily after food for 14 days and Cap VIZYLAC twice daily after meals for 6 weeks.
If this regimen fails to improve your symptoms, then contact a gastroenterologist.