Significant weight Loss

I have Lost like 6 kilos in about 5 months .Since 2 years never lost weight . I am facing the problem of constipation for more than a year now . 2 years back I was diagnosed of typhoid and was treated , since then I have observed that my digestive tract was never healthy again . Once in 3 months or more I get diarrhoeal episodes for 2 or 3 days , then subside . But constipation goes on ever time . If I have some fibres in my diet then constipation controlled to some extent . Also I have observed that The colour of my stool was never normal since almost 1 year or more . So what is that I need to do to correct this ??
views-icons 73 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 9 yrs exp Kolkata

Hello. From your symptoms, it looks like you are suffering from IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome). It causes alternate episodes of constipation and diarrhoea. Take tab RIFAGUT 400mg 3 times daily after food for 14 days and Cap VIZYLAC twice daily after meals for 6 weeks.
If this regimen fails to improve your symptoms, then contact a gastroenterologist.