Shoulder capsular laxity
I am a parkour athlete and once doing my handstand i fell on the top of my shoulder and this was two years ago. After an year i took MRI of my shoulder and consulted a local sports orthopedist, the MRI results rendered that there is no rotator cuff tear but since being an athlete my ligaments where already laxed, and, the injury caused instability in my shoulder. Therefore, at certain position while doing any overhead movement my arm frequently sublux, this causes pain and irritation in my shoulder. My doctor recommended me physiotherapy which i have been doing since 3-4 months but the results aren't that great, the pain and the irritation hasn't subsided. He also tells me that doing surgery isn't a full fix to my problem since the shoulder capsule is compromised along with the muscles, as per him at max he can just tighten up my capsule by tightening the laxed muscles and laying anchor and a suture. Is it wise enough to go under surgery?

Dr. Amit Vora
General Physician 13 yrs exp Thane

Hello,. As you have said the muscles if your shoulder have become loose or LAX. I would recommend you to try with homoeopathy from a good Homoeopathic consultant, as I have seen lots such case being cured with Homoeopathic medicines without any surgery. As there are medicines in Homoeopathy which can reduce the excess elastin in your muscles which is causing this laxity of muscles