Sharp pain Left abdomen
I am feeling sharp pain in left abdominal region from yesterday. I got a CT scan done today which says focal area of bowel thickening, pericolic fat stranding is seen involving descending colon on left iliac fossa. Just want to know what causes this in general and what is the general treatment procedure?

Hi, Thickening of the small or large bowel wall may be caused by neoplastic, inflammatory, infectious, or ischaemic condition. When fat stranding is disproportionately more severe than the degree of wall thickening, inflammatory conditions are more likely. Kindly consult your surgeon for further evaluation...