Severe tonsilitis
I have recurring tonsilitis which repeat every 2-3 months. Sometimes they are bearable and sometimes very painful and severe and which even makes swallowing water or saliva difficult. This severity has happened to me twice before wherin the doctor said I have Septic Tonsilitis and prescribed me with Augmentin 1000mg. When the severity is not that much, 2-3 doses of Roxid 150 mg also work for me. But this time its really painful and I am unable to speak and even breathing is causing pain in my throat specifically on the left side. I took a dose of Roxid 150mg but it didnt seem to work this time. Please advice should I take Augmentin? Or continue with Roxid?

Dr. Harisha N L

Self medication is not good please consult nearest ent surgeon they will do the needful and Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Gargle with warm salt water. gargling several times a day can help relieve throat pain....regards.