Serious dizziness

My mom is experiencing serious dizziness since 2 months. It happened approximately 10 times since then. My mom wakes up in the middle of the night and she tells us to hold her head tightly during the dizziness. It lasts for 10 mins. Doctors say that it is Vertigo. But, what is the main problem behind it?

Doctor Answers (1) on Serious dizziness

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi Dizziness and vertigo has many possible causes, including inner ear disturbance, motion sickness and medication effects. Sometimes it's caused by an underlying health condition, such as poor circulation, infection or injury,Meniere's disease,Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV),hypotension,migraine,Some neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis,anemia, hypoglycemia,dehydration etc...Consult nearest ent surgeon discuss the issues they will tell you in detail.