Seems Scitica

Hi Doctor
I am suffering from severe pain in my left leg starts from my hip, waist also some part of ankle.
Please suggest what should I do andwhom should I contact?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,
Navneet Mishra

Doctor Answers (1) on Seems Scitica

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Sciatica is a common type of pain affecting the sciatic nerve, a large nerve extending from the lower back down the back of each leg.
Sciatica is caused by irritation of the roots of the lower lumbar and lumbosacral spine.
Sciatica usually affects only one side of the lower body. Often, the pain extends from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh and down through the leg. Depending on where the sciatic nerve is affected, the pain may also extend to the foot or toes.
For some people, the pain from sciatica can be severe and debilitating. For others, the sciatica pain might be infrequent and irritating, but has the potential to get worse.

If you have progressive lower extremity weakness, numbness in the upper thighs, and/or loss of bladder or bowel control.
Kindly consult orthopedician....